Thursday, January 27, 2022

2022 01-22 The Warehouse by Rob Hart hosted by Suzanne

 HAPPY 25TH ANNIVERSARY WTS BOOK CLUB

Our first meeting in 1997

Not everyone could make the meeting. The weather was a little nasty. A down pour of rain which meant traffic was a mess.

The gal to the far left back row is Jan and she is the one who started the book club. We all worked together so she came by our desks saying she wanted to read more and thought maybe we might like to join her and share our thoughts on the book. And the rest is history. Thank you Jan!  Since then we've moved on to new jobs or retirement but we still share the love of reading.

And a recent picture of most of the current members.
Some of the same faces from 1997 but several new faces.

We've had some great fun with some yummy food. And oh the discussions...

  • the slow... where the book was good but didn't generate a lot of discussion but was fun
  • the deep and intense.. remember the book Celestine Prophecies  Oh yes this book got everyone going
  • the naughty... R to X-rated. You know what I'm talking ......... Fifty Shades of Grey
  • there was the funny, the fast, the crazy.
And every discussion always had side conversations and catching up. 
It's been a great 25 years. 
And here's to another 25 or as long as we can hear, see, and/or drive

Cheers

Suzanne hosted her book discussion of The Warehouse by Rob Hart at Tia Maria's on 1/22.
Unfortunately I was unable to attend but from an email I read they had an enjoyable meeting. And the one time I'm not there Ms Tamica was there. Darn it. Last time I saw her she was probably 10 years old and she's a grown young lady now. Sorry I had to miss.

Everyone thought that most of the book was a good read but fell apart at the end. Everyone felt the author didn't know what to do with the characters and just wrapped it up quickly.
I have no pictures to share of this nice turn out of members since I wasn't there.

There are some changes on the horizon for the club. So If you are a member be sure to read your emails from Cheryl and participate in making the changes.

I started the blog as a way to maintain memories and list of the books we've read. But in the last say 5 years it's not being utilized like I had hoped. It's good for me but I can do the same on my personal blog and not deal with two blogs. So this will be the last Blog post on this blog page. You will find me making a dedicated blog post on my personal blog.  http://mylifealittleofthisalittleofthat.blogspot.com/
after club meeting should you want to follow what books we are reading.

Our next book choice was from Barbara.... The Man Who Died Twice by Richard Osman.
Meeting date was announced to Saturday March 19th.

Enjoy my friends
Carla


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and suggestions are always welcome.