Monday, June 7, 2021

2021 05-20 An Appetite for Murder hosted by Lisa

 Dang it another book club meeting I had to miss. I was looking forward to some Cavatore's. A trip to the Houston area 2 days in a row wasn't in my cards. Crossing my fingers that my doctor trips to Houston area are done for a while. Thanks to everyone who came out for Lisa's book discussion.

So by the picture I received everyone enjoyed themselves. Thanks for taking and sending me the picture to add to our album.

An Appetite for Murder by Lucy Burdette was an easy fun read. Hayley Snow lives on a house boat with her college roommate after finding her boyfriend in bed with another woman. Hayley's life has always evolved around food. She's struggling to find her place in the world then decides to apply for a food critic position for Key Zest Magazine as a food critic. Then she finds out her new boss if hired would be non-other than the "Other Woman" who ends up getting murdered. Hayley becomes the prime suspect. Did she or didn't she? The police and her lawyer believed her to be guilty. Even her friends were beginning to wonder.

Hayley set out to find the true murderer before she ended up in prison for something she didn't do. 

You'll find mouth water food reviews, adventure, danger, craziness and maybe redemption.  Read and find out if you haven't finished

This is book 1 of the Key West Series. I may have to read more and see what other adventures or trouble Hayley gets into.

Next to choose a book was Lauren.  Her book choice is Kabul Beauty School by Deborah Rodriguez. Our next meeting will be maybe Thursday July 15th. Location to be announced later.  I've got to wait until later to read this time or I'll forget what I read. Retired hazard. LOL

Next to Choose:   Pam, Sandy, Susan, Suzanne, Tamica, Barbara, Brenda

Your book loving friend,   Carla




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and suggestions are always welcome.